Meri Phuensum ResortAddress: Punakha, Punakha view map
Meri Phuensum Resort is a family run hotel commanding a pristine view of Punakha valley and Punakha River clad amidst pine forest offering a blissful tranquil stay experience. The interior reflects subtle Bhutanese ideas. The accommodation facilities are one of the best in Punakha which are modest, clean and comfortable. The staff is well trained to look after guest expectations. Kuruthang town is an easy 10 minute drive and other landmark of the winter capital is at close vicinity including Punakha Dzong and Chimmi Lhakang.
Main area of focus in Caring for the Destination:
- Supporting local employment
- Developing local work force by imparting training
- Extensive use of local produce for food thereby support local farmer
- Assisting in a forestation program in surrounding area
- Contributing to government treasury in terms of tax
Detailed description of the Caring for the Destination Initiative:
This is an ongoing process and each trip is undertaken keeping in view the basic fundamentals of sustainability and development.